GET THE LOOK: HOLIDAY EDITION
Posted on February 23 2018
When it comes to the holidays it’s all about glamour with shimmering, smoky eyes, bold lips and long, luscious lashes. Whether you’re headed out to a special dinner or an extravagant New Years Eve party, here’s how you can get these celebrity inspired looks using Emani products:
Pro tip: When working with eye pigments, start with your eyes first and then finish with foundation. Sparkly shades tend to create “fallout” (when shadow falls under your eyes), which can get stuck in your foundation and concealer.
Holiday Babe, Inspired by Jennifer Lawrence
J-Law and her makeup artist Jillian Dempsey have been rocking the makeup game lately, especially for the recent red carpet premieres of “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2.” This look is all about the eyes and lips!
- Prime eyes with Magic Sealer Eye Primer
- Get your shine on with Crushed Mineral Color Dust. Using V3 Shadow Brush with shades “Iced Honey” or “Extra T.L.C.” for a neutral, yet golden base. Tip: Take the base color to your crease but not much higher
- To create the best dimension use the light brown shade from the Brows & Liners Blonde Brown Trio (also use to fill in brows—double use win!) with a new V3 Brush and blend through your crease. Continue with the layering and blending technique until you reach your desired glow.
- Lash it out with our Organic Soy Infused Mascara for curl, length and drama to your eyes
- Get Promiscuous…after your eyes and complexion are complete, finish the look with Hydrating Lip Color in this head-turning red hue
Here are a few of our other favorite celebrity inspired quick holiday looks:
Shay Mitchell Vampy Lip
- For a dark and sultry holiday lip like Shay Mitchell wore to the Z100’s 2015 Jingle Ball use Wine Me UpHydrating Lip Color as the base, which is infused with Vitamin E and Organic fruit and essential oils
- Finish the look with your favorite Emani Lip Shine for long-lasting, hydrated and lustful lips all night long
Emma Roberts Smoldering Eye
- Smudge Hybrid Cream Color in Frisky on the top of eyes paired with the Tantalizing Eye Trio under the eyes for a sexy, smoky effect
- Get your glow on and brush a little Sculpted Pressed Blush on your cheekbones
- Pro tip: Apply one coat of mascara to upper and lower lashes first to define the eye more clearly before adding pencils, liners or shadows.